Laparosurgery is a London based surgical practice dedicated to providing patients with expert surgical care using laparoscopic (key-hole) surgical techniques. Led by Krishna Moorthy, who himself has performed over 1500 laparoscopic surgeries, our extensive expertise of laparoscopic surgery in the abdomen means that we can offer the best surgical care when patients are looking for hernia repair.
Mr. Moorthy is a consultant surgeon with over 10 years experience in laparoscopic surgery. Using the laparoscopic technique, Mr. Moorthy specializes in:
- Laparoscopic groin and hernia repairs
- Obesity surgery (bariatric surgery)
- Laparoscopic gall bladder removal
- Laparoscopic appendicectomy
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery for upper gastrointestinal conditions such as hiatus hernia, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and swallowing disorders such as oesophageal achalasia.
- Upper gastrointestinal surgery for cancer
- Laparoscopic bariatric surgery London
Over 10 years Mr. Moorthy has performed over 1500 laparoscopic procedures as well as single incision surgery (scarless surgery), Mr Moorthy is keen to develop surgical innovation and has recently performed UK’s first robotic gastric bypass and robotic gastric band surgery.
Additionally, Mr. Moorthy is a specialist surgeon in cancers of the stomach and the oesophagus in the surgical unit in St Mary’s hospital which delivers oesophagogastric cancer care for North-West London.
Mr. Moorthy is heavily focussed on patient safety and his research interests are driven by a strong desire to improve patient safety and quality of care in surgery. In addition to the numerous research articles that he has published in this area he is the Lead for the Safety in Surgery research programme, Centre for patient safety and service quality (www.cpssq.org), Imperial College, London.
To discover more about Laparosurgery, click here: linkedin
Read more about Mr. Moorthy on his Linked In profile: linkedin